Senior-level consulting to a variety of clients in technology solutions, management, and leadership, including:
CTO, Exposure Assessment Inc., Toronto, Ontario. 2016
Developed a cyber security offering, including supporting technology to assist in vulnerability assessments.
CIO, Koprash Inc., Burlington, Ontario. 2013 – 2016
- Aligning IT strategy with business direction.
- Advising on and creating strategy for information management and effective collaboration, information security, DRP and BCP, and acting as a trusted advisor to the executive team.
- Day-to-day monitoring and management of IT infrastructure.
- Managing outsourced service providers.
Interim CIO, Acting Head of Finance, Administration, and HR, The Leslie Group Ltd., Toronto, Ontario. 2014-2015
Brought on board to remediate compromised IT systems. Continued in a leadership role accountable for finance and accounting, general administration, HR, and IT for eight months. Accomplishments include:
- Remediation of IT issues, including
and numerous other improvements to the technology infrastructure, with minimal interruption of business operations.
- implementation of a new server with data migrated from old, damaged server,
- implementation of high-speed (fiber) internet connection, replacing outdated DSL,
- in-house Exchange eMail moved to cloud (Microsoft Exchange 365),
- UPSs in place for all in-house network equipment,
- obsolete equipment upgraded,
- all Windows XP machines moved to Windows 7,
- robust backup with on-site and cloud-based destinations,
- implemented mobile device information security policy,
- Backfill of a senior executives who required an emergency leave of absence, taking over Finance and Accounting, HR, and General Administration, as well as continuing to act as Chief Information Officer, reporting directly to the president. Managed
while continuing to make IT improvements and providing IT support to the business.
- accounting and payroll functions,
- group benefits management and various other HR functions, and
- general office management,
- Designed and implemented a new reporting system for a business-critical function that vastly increased not only the speed of reporting, but provided more information for business monitoring and decision-making, accessible virtually instantaneously, that would have taken days or even weeks of effort with the old method.
Other activities as an independent include:
- Digital Asset Library design and delivery for an international consumer and commercial goods manufacturer.
- Website consolidation project leadership for an international consumer and commercial goods manufacturer.
- Technical due diligence of web technology company for a Cayman-based venture capital fund.
- Senior-level consulting in management, objectives setting, technology strategy, performance management, and organisational structure.
- Recruitment of technology staff, both full-time and contract.
- Design and delivery of external, public-facing websites to a variety of businesses, including implementation of business process automations.